Saturday, April 25, 2015

Nails For Cancer


I apologize for not being on that much the past week. It's time that I admit that I have a brain tumor. I haven't wanted to mention this, yet the past week has been rough. I'm due a procedure to alleviate some of the pain this coming week. To make matters more difficult, one of my best friends, Liz, announced that she has Stage Four Mesothelioma. Not only are we both sick together, fighting the demons inside of us harvesting on our very cells; we don't have the money to cover all our treatments. However, we will fight tooth and NAIL!

My good friend Molly gave me her nail polish collection. She knows I'm blogging and she goes to the salon to get her nails done (gels on acrylics). She doesn't have the time to do her nails the old fashioned way with her career and the speed and durability of gels are probably most efficient for her. Molly has made it her purpose to be there in every way possible during my illness. I was delighted to see her gift of OPI, Essie, Sinful Collection, Sally Hansen, Kiss, NYC.. And most haven't even been opened!


I remembered a picture of Liz in her hospital bed and she was wearing nail polish. I know that every dignity is stripped when one is labeled as sick, and since I have the plastic nails, my own art supplies and now even more polish, I spent days making my good friend a bling-bling, dirty French manicure! The colors are Wet n Wild 455B Tickled Pink, Sephora by OPI SE 235 Queen Of Everything, Revlon Transforming Effects 765 Holographic Pearls and Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat. 


I used nail guides after the pink dried to create the French tip look. I added a rhinestone on each nail where the pink and silver meet and on one nail I placed a rhinestone Crucifix so that Liz will have Jesus at her fingertips. I must say that the Holographic Pearls really gave the nails a fantastic, mesmerizing look that I haven't seen with other shimmer or glitter polishes. Like a matte top coat, only with this, you can put everything into a shimmer. My next post will feature the Holographic Pearls and a matte top coat for a superbly abstract, yet inviting look. Liz's nails got mailed out and I hope to post a pic of her wearing them. I've included pics of her and me. We'd greatly appreciate any donations for our medical expenses. Thanks again so much. Love and blessings to all of you!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment